With just a few minutes and two ingredients, you can have this 5-Minute Pizza Crust on the pizza pan and ready for baking! This is the perfect way to make weeknights extra special - and stress free!
- 1½ cups Original Bisquick Baking Mix
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ⅔ cup simple tomato sauce (or store-bought pizza sauce)
- salt and pepper, optional
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage (turkey or pork)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- ¾ cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- fresh oregano, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 and spray a pizza pan with non-stick spray.
- Precook your sausage - in a medium skillet, combine sausage, Italian seasoning, oregano and garlic, and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain; set aside until you are ready to top your pizza.
- In a large bowl, combine Original Bisquick Baking Mix and ⅓ cup very hot water. Stir 20 times with a large spoon - do not overstir or your dough will come out tough. Turn dough out onto a pizza pan sprayed with non-stick spray, and press dough to form a 9" circle. Season your dough lightly with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread sauce over dough. Spoon sausage evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border uncovered. Scatter with roasted red bell peppers and top with shredded Parmesan.
- Bake at 450 F until golden brown, about 9-10 minutes.