These beautiful, tangy, lightly sweet, rich and creamy lemon tarts topped with berries are perfect for any spring or summer celebration. Made with pure ingredients like almond flour, coconut, and raw cashews, this recipe is vegan and paleo. These tarts are bit like lemon bars and bit like cheesecake, with a hint of coconut in the background. They are easy to whip up in the blender.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut or brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave or coconut nectar
- pinch of turmeric for color
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh berries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- For the crust, in a blender or food processor pulse the coconut, almond flour, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil until coarsely ground and able stick together when pressed. Press about one tablespoon of crust mixture into the bottoms of liners. You may have extra crust dough. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon filling. Clean out the blender or food processor. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut oil, drained cashews, lemon juice, agave, and turmeric to the blender/processor. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Fill baked crusts and chill in the freezer for two hours. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh berries. Serve cold.