Nothing will warm you up quite like this thick and creamy bourbon spiked hot chocolate. Top it with a huge dollop of whipped cream and caramel for a truly decadent treat.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ oz bourbon
- whipped cream
- In a saucepan, add milk, cornstarch, and cocoa powder together. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Heat on medium-high and add the brown sugar, salt, and chocolate. Stir frequently until the mixture is steaming hot and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla and bourbon.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream and caramel.
- Serve immediately.