If you love bread you’ll love these Gluten Free Egg Free Bagels that are also Vegan and dairy free. Food allergies make it impossible to find an egg free bagel until now. These are soft and chewy just like the bread you miss.
- 3½ cups gluten free all purpose white blend
- 1¾ cups dairy free milk of choice or water
- 2½ tsp yeast or 1 packet
- 3 tsp guar gum
- 2 T oil
- 1 tsp salt plus extra for top
- 1 T sugar
- Heat liquid to 100 degrees. Add yeast and sugar and mix and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, gum and salt.
- In large bowl combine liquid and oil. Gradually mix in all the flour mixture by hand to avoid big lumps. Mix until all incorporated and smooth.
- Use a large cookie scoop or spray a ½ cup to scoop the dough. With wet hands form dough into a ball and use a finger to poke a hole in the center. Gently shape into bagel form by expanding the hole. Place on a individual piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (see pic)
- Spray tops with oil, cover with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes. (Don't allow to double in size or else it will lose its shape and fall apart in the bath.)
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Gently drop a max of 2 bagels in the water and boiled each side for only 30 seconds each side. Remove individual parchment paper pieces and place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 450 degree for 14-16 or until golden brown.