Making it vegan, gluten-free and low fat. I love to serve mine with some cooked green vegetables and extra pine nuts.
- 150 g uncooked fusilli pasta use gluten-free pasta, if needed
- 4 tbsp low-fat pesto
- A large bunch of spinach
- Optional extras Assorted cooked green vegetables, pine nuts, black pepper
- Cook the fusilli according to the packet's instructions. When using in a salad, I like to overcook the pasta slightly so that when it's cooled it doesn't become too firm.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach to the pot, allowing it to wilt for a minute.
- Drain the pasta and reserve a little bit of the hot water. Add the pasta back to the pan and add the pesto with a small amount of the reserved water, adding more if needed until the pesto is easy to mix.
- Add any optional extras such as pine nuts, cooked green veggies and some black pepper.
- Serve straight away or chill in the fridge and serve as a chilled salad. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Enjoy!