This is one of the best things we ate last week. Only 4 simple ingredients - chicken, bacon, brown sugar and chili powder. They only take about 5 minutes to make and are ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Sweet and salty in one bite! And this one is gluten free recipes.
- 1 1/2 lbs. 93% to 96% lean ground beef
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 8 to 12 oz. pkg. Colby-Monterey Jack cheese shredded (use more if you like a lot of cheese)
- Corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water, sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In the bottom of a greased 9x13” baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips.
- Cover with a layer of meat mixture then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Taco Bake is a very simple recipe with limited ingredients. If you want to amp up the flavors and texture of this casserole, add a layer of any or all of the following: drained, whole kernel corn, drained pinto or black beans, sliced olives, diced red & green bell peppers, sliced jalapeno peppers, and green onions after the first layer of cheese is applied.
- A small amount of diced, seeded jalapeno peppers can be added to the meat mixture if you want more heat.
- If you want to increase the heat in the recipe try Pepper Jack cheese for all or part of the cheese.
- Do not overcook the recipe or the casserole can dry out.
- Extra cheese helps prevent the casserole from getting too dry.