This lasagna pasta is full of your favorite lasagna flavors, and it’s so much easier to make than lasagna.
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or 3 cups homemade)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream or 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
- Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente, drain.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain fat and return to pan.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet on top of meat, then drizzle on olive oil. Add the sauce, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings. Stir. Add cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with parmesan or additional mozzarella, if desired.
- Divide into 8 equal portions or 1 cup per serving.
- This Lasagna Pasta Recipe calls for ground beef or Italian sausage. I love Italian sausage with this but other types of protein work as well. You can sub ground chicken or ground turkey to lower the points for the dish.
- Store bought marinara sauce is high in points because of added sugar or olive oil. Make your own zero point marinara. I posted this recipe back in 2014 and back then there were no zero point marinara sauce recipes. I’ve recently developed my own recipe for Zero Point marinara sauce which can be found here. FYI: The link is for meatball sammies but if you scroll down to the bottom of the recipe you will find the recipe for marinara sauce.
- Plain Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream as well.
- If you make this recipe with 93% lean ground beef, plain greek yogurt, and homemade marinara sauce the smart points would be 10 per serving.
- If you make this recipe with 99% lean ground turkey, plain greek yogurt, and homemade marinara sauce the smart points would be 7 per serving.
- As you can see there are many different ways you can make this!